Tuesday 2 November 2010

Audience Research Analysis

When creating the audience research I had to think about the three different elements to the coursework. The first was the horror trailer itself, what would be peoples preferences on that? The second was the magazine front cover. Is there a particular style/colour scheme/layout that people prefer? Thirdly I had to consider the poster to the trailer. What would attract people to it? I needed to consider this when writing my questions.

The questions were aimed at any age group. Not only did I send it off to people I know that are my age, it was also send to mums, dads, aunts and uncles. The variation in age I felt would give a better outlook on what people prefer, for example, the older people that took this questionnaire would be able to think back to what films used to be like in contrast to how they are today, and the younger generation completing the survey would most likely be thinking only about modern films.

By creating this survey it gave us more of a chance to use a different variety of things during the project, for example, we could take certain elements that the audience preferred in to the actual trailer, other elements such as colour schemes, into the poster, and things such as fonts in the magazine front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment